Friday, November 16, 2018

Bits and Pieces {Scrappy Sewing}

Today I had been planning to share a bigger finish however a deluge of snow and ice interfered with my picture taking intentions! Hopefully next week I will have *multiple* finishes to show off. Instead, I have two small project finishes!

My church's ladies group is doing a craft table to raise money for service projects and I decided that I could easily make some table runners and place mats using scraps and some long-languishing yardage in my stash. This was a quick and easy way to whittle down some scrap piles of fabric and batting before we start planning our January move in earnest.

The first table runner I made is red, white, and green fabric and I used my rail fence table runner tutorial, but I used fewer blocks for a shorter runner. The backing is a gold and white snowflake print and I quilted swirls in white thread. I had enough of the red paisley print for the binding too.




For the second table runner, I used the scraps left over from my Summer Solstice quilt and added in the mauve zig zag fabric that I also used for the backing and the binding. I quilted this one with a leafy meander. This top is just 4" squares.



I also started two sets of placemats which aren't quite finished yet -- more finishes for next week, I hope! These sorts of small projects are perfect for the novelty fabrics that have been hanging around in my stash for a while.

Have a happy Friday! Sharing at Brag about your Beauties!

6 comments:

  1. I love it when smaller projects help me use up lingering stash. Fingers crossed the weather improves enough for fun outdoor photos for you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you -- a stash-busting project with a charitable cause behind it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alison! This must be karma or something. I just decided I need to make a table runner for my boss for Christmas, in a simple pattern that can be quick. And then here you are - ta-da, pick your favorite option. Thanks for the ideas!! Happy Friday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute runners! And yay for scrap busting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great way to clean up the scraps and do good at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These table runners are so pretty and always very useful. They brighten up a room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!