Monday, October 15, 2018

Radiant Jewel {Starry Night}

When last I posted about my Radiant Jewel quilt, I was in the midst of making all of the four patches for the star blocks and pieced border.


Once I was able to finish all of the four patches, I started working on my eighteen star blocks. These went together relatively quickly and were easy to work on for a few minutes here and there. I think these came out really lovely and I am happy I decided to make all of the large center four patches the same for these blocks.


I also have all of the pieced border units to put together. My next task is to do the background fabric cutting necessary to complete the pieced borders and to make the 20 or so HSTs for the pieced border units. 

This will be set aside momentarily to work on some baby quilts and finish my Island Batik project for October. I have quite a bit of quilting to do over the next few weeks -- I quilted some secret sewing this weekend for the test baby quilt I made while on retreat. Here's the backing:


Happy Monday! Don't forget to enter to win some Island Batik fabric -- the giveaway will close on Friday!

Sharing at Main Crush Monday and Linky Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. They are looking great - I love that you can sew a little here and there and show big progress! yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! I never mind making baby quilts as they come together so quickly, I bet you’ll be back to working on this project before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you use the same color for the solid. The fuchsia, purple and blue stars make it look like there's a slight gradation of color the background fabric. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is the same background throughout. You are a no-reply account, so please update your settings so that I can reply to you via email. :D

      Delete
  4. Those blocks are so pretty! I was wondering what your background color is, too. I like the variation of color in each row in your star blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!