Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Little Twinkle {Finished Quilt}

The best thing about making baby quilts is that I'm not (usually) tempted to keep them! The worst part is that for every one that I make, I get ideas for at least two more swirling around in my head.

This quilt is a smaller version of my Twinkle quilt which is a throw size quilt that I made earlier this year. Here's the baby quilt top before I quilted it:


For the quilting, I did a swirly flower filler in white Aurifil thread. The flannel backing is a similar teal to the teals used in the top of the quilt.




For the binding, I used this very fun checkerboard batik that came in my second Island Batik Ambassador goody box. I got this print in three colors (pink, purple, and teal) and I am excited to use it again soon because of how neat this binding turned out. I think it could be even cooler as bias binding.



Hopefully this quilt will be loved and snuggled for a long time!



This pattern is now available on Etsy and PayHip!!

Quilt Stats:
Name: Little Twinkle
Pattern: Twinkle, to be released soon, based on this quilt
Size: 36" x 42"
Fabrics: Paisley Dot fabric from Island Batik; white solid background; teal flannel backing
Quilting: swirly flowers in white Aurifil
Future: Baby quilt for coworker's baby
Started: July 2018
Finished September 2018

Sharing at Let's Bee Social and Needle and Thread Thursday! Also at Finish it up Friday!

11 comments:

  1. That checkerboard makes a great binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great binding and the quilting creates a texture I wish I could run my hands over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about baby quilts! This one is so darling and I'm sure it will be well loved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is wonderful.
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the texture the quilting gives, and I'm sure it will be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy baby quilt. The stars are perfect and the quilting give great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt. What a difference the quilting and binding make, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty stars and I love that quilting. What great texture for Baby. Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Love the quilting pattern you picked for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!