Monday, July 23, 2018

Coast to Coast Bee 2.0 {Stephanie's Quilt}

This post marks the end of another year of the Coast to Coast Traveling Bee (C2C Bee, for short!)

The last quilt I worked on was for Stephanie of Quilt 'n Party! Stephanie and I had been in the same hive in the Stash Bee at least once and she was also an Island Batik Ambassador last year.

Her quilt is a nature and outdoor themed quilt. In consulting with her, we decided to balance out the already added blocks featuring flowers, butterflies, and trees with some classic quilt blocks.

Here's her quilt with all of the additions from our other friends:


I pulled fabrics in the colors that are already featured in this quilt to make bear paw blocks and pinwheel blocks in various sizes.


My row of bear paw blocks was added to the bottom and was 9.5" tall and my row of pinwheel blocks was added to the top and was 6.5" tall.


Her quilt is now on its way back to Colorado for Stephanie to finish as she desires!

I also received my quilt, or rather, rows of quilt blocks, back from its trip across the country! Here's what the collection of rows currently look like:


From top to bottom the rows are from, respectively, Chelsea, Audrey, Karen, Karen, Stephanie and my original row at the bottom. I am still planning to stick to my original plan which was to sash these individual rows together with solid black fabric and then use the large scale floral print as the borders.

I may or may not add a 4" block row or two, but it might actually be totally fine with just the rows that my bee mates have sent to me. I was hoping for a throw size with this one, and I think that has been accomplished!

Sharing at Main Crush Monday and Linky Tuesday!

11 comments:

  1. What another awesome year! I look forward to seeing how yours finishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those additions look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilts are very cheerful. They make me smile. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those criss cross blocks by Karen! Both quilts are going to be gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! I love the Bear's Paw blocks!!! Traditional but outdoorsy. Your rows look great, can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nature-themed quilt is so gorgeous, and the bear paw blocks are a great addition! Is it a surprise when your quilt returns to you, or do you already know what it will look like?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to quilt with others like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Stephanie's quilt looks fantastic. I love the addition of your blocks...perfection! And I'm looking forward to seeing your rows put together. I think it sounds so fun to quilt with your friends this way. Thanks for sharing on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie's quilt top is a delightful and I'm anxious to see your rows with the sashing added.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both quilts are really pretty. I love your additions to Stephanies quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first quilt is really fun - kind of all over the place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!