Thursday, August 24, 2017

Ivory Drive {RSC August 2017}

I'm back from retreat! It was a wonderful and relaxing time and I can't wait to share more about it tomorrow! But for today, I wanted to share my August Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks that I actually finished on Saturday before leaving for the airport!

Our August color was lights - whites, off-whites, creams, greys, etc. - so I picked three fabrics to make my houses. The left is an old Denyse Schmidt print, the middle is from the backing of my Clover Sunshine quilt, and the right fabric is from Allison Harris's Wallflowers line.


These went together well and I pulled green and blue fabrics (my biggest scrap piles!) for the windows and doors for each.


I made sure that the diagonal strips in the last house are all going in the same direction, which is what I usually try to do with directional fabrics for these houses. I did the same with the green windows in the grey house too!

These three bring up my house total to 35! Just a few more and I'll be ready to start putting the top together. My goal is 42 or 48 for a twin sized quilt.

Happy Thursday! Sharing at Scrap Happy Saturday and Oh Scrap!

7 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your house update posts. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the neutrals for these house blocks. Love your house block pattern, I haven't seen this design of house block before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute houses! Can’t wait to hear about the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your NEUTRAL houses turned out GREAT!! Looking forward to hearing about your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your houses have some much personality! I love the fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very charming houses, each with its own personality. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your newest house blocks all look great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!