Friday, July 14, 2017

Project Pageant {Scrappy Project Review}

While I might not be drowning in scraps, sometimes it feels like I am drowning in scrappy projects! As you know from my monthly "Brutally Honest" posts, I have quite a few. I've made quite a bit of progress lately on a few of them and rounded them all up for one post.

I was Queen Bee for the Stash Bee in June, so instead of requesting blocks for a new project, I requested more pineapple blocks. I have received just about all of them at this point, so here are all of the ones that I have from last year and this year combined:


For July, my mom was the Queen Bee and she requested scrappy pumpkin blocks. I made her four blocks and used up a lot of orange scrap, including the majority of a piece of novelty cheese-it print fabric I got in a scrap bag purchased nearly 7 years ago.


And as you might have seen on Instagram, I've been working on my Coast to Coast Bee blocks for Audrey! I will be doing a full post once I am finished with my addition to her quilt, but I have been able to use all scraps and stash for my blocks!


I have also finally made my scrappy sapphire to add to my birthstone collection. I now have eight of the twelve birthstones done -- the ones that are remaining are the garnet, ruby, opal, and tanzanite blocks. This is counts as progress for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge since our color for July is blue!


Have a happy weekend! I'm hoping to make some more scrappy project soon!

Sharing at Scrap Happy Saturday and Oh Scrap!

PS. Don't forget to check out our summer Kona special! The two sizes are the yardages needed for the Magnolia QAL, but it's always a good time to stock up on Kona, right?

16 comments:

  1. A pineapple quilt is on my long list of wants, great idea to have others join in making them.

    I also love the birthstone idea. I can't wait to see that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pineapple quilt is going to be so much fun when it comes together. You have a good crop of blocks now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your pine apple collection! I've made a pineapple quilt with strips and would love to make one using the squares. How much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all those pineapples together look wonderful! That is going to be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to make a pineapple quilt. Yours is awesome. All of your blocks look great. I can definitely go a long way with just my scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, la la! What great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The birthstone is striking - like your progress on so many wonderful projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your scrappy projects are fun to see! I love the way the lighter colors in your birthstone block make it sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun scrappy projects. Your pineapples are going to make a very cute scrappy quilt. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sapphire (which just happens to be my birthstone). It really looks like a gem! Waiting to see what you're going to do with an opal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! on completing your scrappy Sapphire for the RSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sapphire block! I don't think I could ever do one, but will enjoy them vicariously through you. And the pineapples are awesome; I'm currently working on a quilt like that (only my greens are a layer taller). Yours are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I love that sapphire too! What a great block. And ditto the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is hard to pick a favorite block - I love them all. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great selection of scrappy blocks you have! That sapphire is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How about on point for a diagonal setting with a single Irish Chain to be your sashing?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!