Friday, June 2, 2017

Brutal Honesty {June 2017}

Happy June! It's time for my regularly scheduled "airing of WIPs" and progress!

1. Farmer's Wife Quilt (RSC 2016 project) -- I mailed this quilt to my mom to have our "regular long-armer" quilt this twin sized quilt. I bought backing, which is a rather large print, but very fun for the backing of this scrappy quilt.


2. Traveling Quilt Bee (2016) -- At some point I am going to send this quilt to my sister for her to add to this quilt. The intention was for this to be a queen sized quilt, but that might just end up being too big and too busy.


3. Coast to Coast Bee -- I made all sorts of flying geese units for Karen, and now I am working on Chelsea's Alison Glass-inspired quilt.


4. Stash Bee Star quilt -- No progress

5. Top Spin leaders and enders -- In the last month, I have really failed at using the leaders and enders. I need to get back in the habit of using them!

6. Meadow Mystery QAL -- No progress

7. Pineapple Stash Bee Blocks -- June is my month as Queen Bee, so I will be getting at least 10 more pineapple blocks this month! After that, I'll make a decision on what I'll be doing with these blocks.


8. Summer on the Coast Quilt -- No progress

9. Monthly Wall Hangings -- I have nearly finished my July wall hanging and will be posting about it next week! The next one that needs finished is the September apple mini.

10. Allison Glass Sampler Quilt - Over the holiday weekend, I got the backing pieced for this quilt and pinned the center section. I started the quilting, which is consists of a spiral centered in each block, each spiral overlapping slightly. It's not entirely perfect, but I think it's just time to get this quilted and move on.


11. Sew Kitschy Blocks - No progress

12. Romantic Garden Quilt - No progress

13. Mini Monthly Wall Hangings - No progress

14. Happy Houses blocks - After prepping quite a few block parts in April, I realized that I had run out of sky blue fabrics and my mom brought me some sky blue fat quarters in May! I am now caught up with my April blocks, but now need to work on my green May blocks and my yellow June blocks.


15. Birthstone blocks - No progress

16 . Monthly Island Batik Ambassador projects -- My May project is done and my June project is in progress. June's theme is curved blocks and curved piecing.


17. Gathering Mystery Quilt with Cora's Quilts -- I am have completed through Week 9!


18. Christine's Kitchen QAL -- While my quilt is technically done, the QAL itself isn't over, so I still sort of consider this a WIP. My finished quilt will be posted on Sunday and the quilt parade will be Monday!


New Projects:

This is what I am most proud of -- I have added ZERO new projects to the WIP pile in April and May. I also finished multiple projects and crossed them off the list!

Here's what I'm planning to work on in June:

1. Island Batik Ambassador June project
2. Coast to Coast Bee blocks for Chelsea
3. Finish quilting Alison Glass Sampler Quilt
4. Finish the top of the Gathering Mystery Quilt

Also upcoming in July is the start of Meadow Mist Designs' annual mystery quilt! Honey, Bunny, and Doll will be a sponsor (and we are going to have an awesome promotion in July in our Etsy store!) and I'll be playing along! That will be my "new" project for the summer unless I finish a few other projects. Like last year, I'm planning to use all fabric from my stash and potentially might do a scrappy quilt.

Happy Friday! Hope your weekends are wonderful and sewing-filled!

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if congratulations are exactly right for not adding any WIPs, but way to go making so much progress on everything you have going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made so much progress with everything you have going on. The Alison Glass quilt is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Well done! Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at the progress you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Look at all the awesome stuff you've done this month! Hooray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on all the progress. I'm joining in with Cheryl's newest mystery in July too. It's a great way to use up older stash (well at least that's my excuse!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!