Saturday, May 27, 2017

Piebald Passage {RSC 2017}

It's been awhile since I posted about my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks -- mainly because I haven't made any until this week!

When I made my March blocks, I had used up all of my sky blue fabrics and didn't manage to remember to get more until my mom actually brought me four fat quarters when she came to visit last week! Hopefully they'll last for a good chunk of the remaining months.

In April I was all set to make more blocks, and spent about half of a Sunday afternoon going through my multi-colored fabrics, ironing, and cutting all of the house sections for six blocks and then finally made them this week.


A few of these houses used direction prints and I did a good job while I was cutting to make sure that the pieces would all go in the correct direction (at least, if I remembered to sew them correctly!). Normally I've only been making two of three house blocks in the monthly themed color, but I was surprised by the number of different fabrics that I had that fit the multicolored bill.

I am hoping to catch up with my May green blocks over the holiday weekend! I should have lots of time to sew on Monday. :)

Sharing at Scrap Happy Saturday and Oh Scrap!

14 comments:

  1. Your houses look great! You also did good on those directional prints. The great part of this QAL is that it is ok to be late and run behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your houses are so cute!! I am very happy that there is a free Monday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great houses. I am finding I am falling a bit behind this year too... good thing it is a no pressure link party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work getting all those directional fabrics going in the right direction. Great little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each house is really unique. The swirly ones seem sort of mysterious, very interesting. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your houses remind me of the old, historical ones we saw in Charleston, SC, on our recent trip there! They're going to make such a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to happy sewing time on Monday! Your houses are great. I actually had some of one of the prints (at least, I don't think I still have any!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your houses. What a fun collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun and funky houses. They are going to make for a very cool quilt when you get them all done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I remember your houses! What a great bunch you've added to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these houses. I have this pattern. You make me want to pull it out and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!