Monday, June 27, 2016

Summer Solstice QAL {Cutting}

This summer I am participating in Melissa at Happy Quilting's Summer Solstice QAL! This is the first time doing one of her quilt alongs after following them for what has to be years!


I am planning to do the 2x2 quilt with 24 inch blocks which makes a 54 inch quilt. Here is my fabric pull:


I won these fabrics over three years ago, so it was probably time to put them to good use. They are from the Botanica line from Timeless Treasures. The fuchsia marble is my background, I am going to use the green marble for my inner stars (the yellow in the diagram), the large black floral will the be "surround" (red in the diagram) and the white will be my outer stars (orange in the diagram). I'm planning to use the smaller floral for my binding and potentially some of my sashing.

I got everything all cut this weekend and ready for the next set of directions!



I am very excited to see how this all turns out! Hopefully I hoarded these fabrics for the perfect project. :)

Linking up with Happy Quilting to share my slicing!

5 comments:

  1. Great job on all of that cutting!! I love these fabrics and think they will be just so pretty!! Perfect hoarding ;) And I am so glad you are joining in after following along for so long ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those fabrics are going to look very pretty with that pattern. I've also stalked Melissa's QALs but they never seem to align right for me time-wise to participate. One of these times, it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is going to look lovely. I've done one of Melissa's sew alongs. They are always so much fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're going to use that fuchsia print for the background! This will be super awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabrics you pulled. Looking forward to seeing your version come together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!