Friday, April 15, 2016

Creamsicles {RSC April 2016}

It's time for me to show of my last three blocks for April's orange blocks in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

This week, I have two with small piecing and one with larger piecing:

#42 -- Fruit Basket, #43 -- Garden Path, #44 -- Gentleman's Fancy

These came together slightly faster than the previous weeks' blocks because there were fewer "parts" of the block to sew together to finish them. I think may favorite out of these three is the Garden Path block.

Now I am done with all eleven blocks for this month:


While my orange scrap pile was not as large as some of the piles I started with in previous months, I still seemed to make a respectable dent in reducing the pile. I am just realizing now that I made three different basket blocks this month!

I think I am going to have to start on another scrappy type project this month since I have met my Rainbow Scrap Challenge goal for the month! Decisions, decisions...

Sharing at Scrap Happy Saturday!

16 comments:

  1. Some terrific oranges! Who knew there were so many varieties, right? Great blocks. I have some more to do for..gulp, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's funny that some people doing this challenge say they have fewer orange scraps than other colors. Orange gets no respect, but it is really a pretty color. You've made some great blocks with your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great collection of orange fabric, and now it's all been converted into wonderful blocks. Lovely collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gallery of blocks! Nice assortment. Hope you have a plan. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great all together. Maybe you have a 'basket quilt' in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my orange scrap pile is smaller too... and I really like orange because of the energy it carries. Wonder why? LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic variety of blocks, and I love your use of the accent color!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific array of blocks. I just wandered in from SoScrappy, so I apologize if you've covered this. Are you following a particular set of patterns or just doing designs you've liked and wanted to do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, should have dug deeper, I see you're doing Farmer's Wife. They do look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful collection. I can hardly wait to see all the blocks come together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your blocks - the baskets are my favorites!
    Orange is one of my new favorite colors. I'm finding it harder and harder to resist adding just one more FQ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love ALL your orange blocks. They are beautiful. Perfect. The RSC has made me realize how much I love the color orange.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't have much orange either, so I actually bought a couple fat quarters! But as soon as I cut into them, then I will have scraps. That counts, right?! Your blocks look great, and so pretty with the black accents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great looking batch of blocks! Be careful with those thoughts of starting another RSC project - they have a way of taking over your quilting life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your orange's made some very pretty blocks. You had a lot of variation in depth of color and pattern. It's going to be a very fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!