Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Chocolate Blocks

This weekend I made a big dent in my "chocolate covered strawberry" blocks for this month's Rainbow Scrap challenge.

Here are the first two from last week:


Here are the ones I finished this weekend:


Top row: #14 - Butterfly at the Crossroads, #15 - Buzzard's Roost, #16 Calico Puzzle
Bottom Row: #17 - Cats and Mice, #18 - Century of Progress, #19 - Checkerboard

Of the six I finished this weekend, the top three were traditionally pieced and the bottom three were paper pieced. All of these have a touch of pink and I am happy with the dent I have made in my brown scraps! I don't think I'll be able to cut my brown scraps by half like I did with my blues last month, but any scrap busting is progress to me!

Here are all eight:


I think my favorite block out of these eight is the checkerboard block because I was able to use eight different small brown scraps in the squares. Which is your favorite thus far?

I am working from home today because we are getting MORE snow. This makes me more and more excited for the trip we just booked to Arizona in March! Anyone else getting hit by more snow this week?

Sharing at Sew Cute Tuesday, Linky Tuesday, Fabric Tuesday, and Scrap Happy Saturday!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway!

15 comments:

  1. Cute, cute RSC blocks! You've got some wonderful scraps to use up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your pretty chocolate blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love brown and pink together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like butterfly at the crossroads, and it is fun to see brown used in such a great way. We are up to 60 and 70 degree weather out here in California, a kind of crazy heat wave after 5-8 inches of snow last week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way you placed just a bit of pink in each block among your browns. This truly is a yummy combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alison, your blocks are great. I love the combination of pink and brown. Enjoy Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chocolate covered strawberry blocks are wonderful! Nice combination of fabrics and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the century of progress block the best. Love the brown and pink combo. It's funny, when I was pregnant we wanted chocolate to be a big color theme in nursery. Chocolate and pink if it was a girl, or chocolate and mint if it was a boy. Either way, we couldn't go wrong in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a great collection of brown and pink blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I agree with you on the checkerboard block. You have to look twice to realize that all the browns are different. Great progress on the browns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Live the simplicity of the checkerboard block, but they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blocks, the brown with a touch of pink is a great color scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!