Monday, March 30, 2015

March Stash Bee Block and general life updates

I spent all day yesterday sewing (and cleaning and laundry, but the sewing is the important part) BUT I can only show you one thing since the rest of what I was working on was prep-work for the QCQAL blocks for April! One week from today, the first 8" block tutorial will be posted, so don't forget to come back!

The one thing that I worked ton that I can show you is my March Stash Bee block. Normally I try to be a good Hive Mama/Bee Mama and get my blocks done right away in the first week, but that did not happen at all this month! And this block took maybe a half hour to make!


Robin requested aqua HST quilt blocks in any design that we desired! I made this block (which has a name but it escapes me at the moment) and it was so fast! For some reason, I have really used up a lot of my aqua scrappy stash recently (at least pieces big enough for this block) and I didn't have a lot of fabrics to work with!

In other news, Park Ranger Husband and I went to the Dulles site of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum this weekend! It's a GIGANTIC airplane hangar full of planes, planes, and more planes, including the Enola Gay and the Space Shuttle Discovery!


Clara Bunny has been VERY cuddly lately and we are taking full advantage of her not acting like a little teenager-bunny like she did most of the winter. She's all about that hay, 'bout that hay and carrots.


Now that I've gotten the "advance" QCQAL work done, I need to make some progress on my April wall hangings! Hopefully a post on that on Wednesday (and maybe a follow up FINISH post on Friday!)

1 comment:

  1. The Air and Space Museum would really appeal to my husband and kids. My two-year-old daughter is always pointing out airplanes. I love the quick bee blocks! And you just had to put that song in my head, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!