Monday, February 3, 2014

Sew Kitchsy February Block

February's block for the Sew Kitschy Sew Along with Kristy at Quiet Play is a cookie jar!

I had about a fat quarter left of the navy blue polka dot fabric from the churn dash baby quilt so I decided to use that for the jar portion and to go a little wild and use red paisley for the background.


What I would like to do is either a) find someone with an embroidery machine that can stitch "cookies" in yellow on the jar or b) machine applique on a yellow cut out of "cookies" onto it.

Sharing my block in the monthly link up! Still lots of time to join in! 

Quiet Play


6 comments:

  1. Im still working out how to apply the wording, my talent doesn't lie with a needle and thread :( Love your jar, the fabric is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cookie jar Alison!! Maybe you could hand embroider it on and use a Frixion pen to write the word out first?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size is the block? How large of letter are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great block. I am just going to stitch the letters on with back stitch . I don't think I could make appliqué small enough.
    Valspierssews

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute. I plan to make my block today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! Nice cookie jar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!