Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lovely Year of Finishes: January Goal


Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa of Sew Bittersweet Designs are hosting "A Lovely Year of Finishes" as a way to take those WIPs to finished projects in bite sized chunks -- one project per month! I'm at the WIP stage for too many projects for a girl in grad school. Find out more about this event here!

My January finish goal is to finish Park Ranger Boyfriend's Civil War Quilt.


This one is currently in the "hand quilting" stage. I'm just hand quilting the sashings and borders (or that's the current plan...) and I have 1.5 of 8 rows finished. I had really wanted to get this one done for Christmas but that did NOT happen. (I'll update the pictures once I get my camera cord back!)

This is kind of an ambitious goal, but I really want to get this one done! I also have to figure out how I want to do the borders, but that's a concern for another day!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't even begin to imagine the kind of work that went into this quilt! I'm too lazy a quilter to even attempt something like this! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, those blocks look familiar. =) Mine is down the list a way, for later in the year. I'm making two from my blocks, actually, one for each son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow hand quilting! It's absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks great. You've got a whole year to finish! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!