Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Ironing Board Cover

This project was a quick one, started on Sunday night and finished yesterday.

Using the Moda Bake Shop tutorial as a guide, this is my finished project!

I cut four 5 inch strips (two pink, two yellow) and sewed them together, then cut them crosswise at 3.5 inches and made it into a checkerboard pattern.

To make the drawstring, I cut two strips of fabric 2.5 inches wide and sewed it on like one would sew on a binding, but instead of hand stitching the back, I just ran a cord through the loop in the "binding" and tied it in a bow where the start and end of the binding over lapped.

It is ever so slightly large (you really have to gather it quite a bit to get it snug) so I might trim it down a little bit. But it ended up very cute!

Hooray for completely finished projects!


  1. It turned out great! I think my ironing board need a new one too.

  2. Cute! Its so nice to have prety things around when we sew.

  3. Oh that is so what I need to make. Love your fabric choice.

  4. Oh I'd want to iron if I had that in my sewing room :)

  5. A new ironing board cover is on my to-do list! Yours turned out fabulous!

  6. That's so cute! You've inspired me to make one for mine, now that I have a new iron that doesn't spit!! Whoop whoop!!

  7. So cute! Now I really want to do this -- my current one is horrible.


Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!