Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Surprise

Something exciting...



MY NEW SEWING MACHINE!

My mom surprised me with it when she came this weekend and I am going to work on setting it up tonight/tomorrow. The box is lighter than my old machine with its case attached so its a good sign.

But that's all new on the sewing front. Once the new machine gets set up I will get to setting and sashing the snowflake blocks. Then I'll have to see how big it is and all that to see what kind of borders will be happening with this thing. Although, I'm very tempted to find a little bit more dark blue fabric and make some more blocks. I'll just have to lay it all out on the floor and stare at it for a while. Maybe a quilt with snowflakes is better as a wall hanging or throw just because its so seasonal. Or I could do some fancy schmancy borders on it. How exciting would that be? Yeah. Let's go with that as "the plan" for the next 6 hours.

Also. I have decided that the next quilt project will be the Quiltmaker Mystery Quilt from this past summer/fall. So what if it's not a mystery to me... And as a reminder these are the fabrics I am planning to use:


Super pumped. What are your new sewing/decorating/life projects you are undertaking??

PS. The baby quilt still is on my kitchen table. It will be sent tomorrow, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!