Friday, July 1, 2016

Groovy Wishes -- Finally Finished!

It might have taken a year and a half since the Wishes BOM with the Fat Quarter Shop finished, but I am finally finished with my version of the Wishes quilt!

Introducing Groovy Wishes!



You can check out all of my posts about this quilt here. I used Kona Charcoal as my background and the majority of my fabrics came from the Cabana Blooms collection with a few others mixed in.



I went back and forth and back and forth about if I was going to quilt this myself or not, but ultimately decided against it. It is pantograph quilted with a winding feather pattern. I used a pink leafy print from my stash for the binding.


I had so much fun taking this one to the park and taking pictures! Unfortunately the grass was still wet so I didn't get quite as many full quilt shots as I would have liked, but this little bridge worked out just perfectly.


For the backing, I used all of the leftover pieces from my fabrics and sewed them together into a big strip, then cut the strip in half and sewed the halves together, and then cut the strip in half one last time and sewed it together again. While it probably should have been big enough for the backing based on square inches, it was too square -- it was not quite long enough for this twin sized quilt. There's a black strip at one end to round it out.


I am wishing that I still had a twin bed to put this quilt on! I might just have to cuddle with it on the couch instead.

Quilt Stats:
Name: Groovy Wishes
Pattern: Wishes BOM
Size: 78x62 inches
Fabrics: Mainly Cabana Blooms, others mixed in
Quilting; Winding feather pantograph
Backing: Leftover piecing fabrics

Sharing at Finish it up Friday!


PS. We are having a sale on our Bear Tracks Pattern -- only $5 until July 12th!

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt, love that snazzy bright pink binding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful finish. congratulations. I love how the colours pop against the grey. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a late Wishes BOM (mine still needs quilting) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Alison!! Love the background Kona Charcoal - it really makes your blocks stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! This is a lovely finish. You must be so excited to have it done! :) (And I LOVE all that pink.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a beautiful quilt finish! Love the pink binding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow it's stunning! I love the way the fabric pops against the Charcoal, and it really makes the binding part of the design too. Definitely irresistible for snuggling up under on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a quilt to love! Really beautiful, the big bright floral prints and the grey background work so well together ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning quilt!The fabrics are beautiful against that grey, and the backing is just fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about a park being to wet to get the quilt photography that you had been hoping for! The quilt is lovely and I think the pink binding really pops. It is really fun to see quilts that use something other than white for the background color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks to cozy, but modern! I love the wavy feather quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on a very pretty finish! Definitely should be used to snuggle with on the couch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!