The first thing that I worked on was my April Stash Bee blocks for Liz (check out her blog!) who requested origami crane blocks. If you've followed me for a while, you know that I LOVE paper piecing, but haven't done much lately, so this was right up my alley!
The next thing I worked on was putting together the top for my Stash Bee quilt! Forgive the awkward angled pictures, but I am SO happy with how it turned out and very glad I went with the staggered setting because it really helped mitigate the difference in block sizes!
Not sure what I am going to do with this one yet. I have one extra block to use as a label on the back (yay!) but I am not sure if this needs borders or not. Right now it is 48 x 64 -- which is a really big baby quilt or a decent sized throw quilt.
I also got all of the satin stitching done on my April wall hanging! Hooray!
I had originally planned to do this one entirely in brown satin stitching, but for some reason, the flowers did not look right with brown, so I went with all black. I added some raindrops around the border, to make it look like rain was falling on the umbrella. I was able to also get this one all layered and pin to quilt this one this week! The backing is the light green print fabric that's used in the center and I plan to use the squiggle for the binding.
Happy Monday to you! Don't forget that you can still vote for rows #5 and #6 for the Quilter's Choice QAL!