Friday, January 3, 2020

Scrapping Around {Jingle Bell Square}

In the month of December, I was using my Jingle Bell Square blocks and block parts as leaders-and-enders for my Frolic unit sewing and my "I only have 15 minutes to sew" project. Now that it is the new year, I decided to pack up this project temporarily to clean up my sewing space slightly.

Since I last posted about this project in mid-November, I picked up a few Christmas-y fat quarters and fat eights at the quilt shop and made seven blocks between then and January 1st.

I made four green and three red blocks this round -- which means I have only six green and four red blocks left to go for this project. I didn't run out of background fabrics -- I have about a fat quarter and a fat eighth left currently -- but I was just ready for a break from this project. 

The goal originally was to get this entire quilt top done in time for the Christmas that just passed -- so maybe I will have a Christmas quilt for my bed next year. 

Happy Friday! 

6 comments:

  1. These are fun and happy blocks! Sometimes we just need a break from a project to clear the deck for other things to see some progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's just easier to shoot for next year, isn't it? Christmas fabrics are so lovely and motivating in October and November, but by January moving on feels like the right thing to do. Good thing this pretty pattern and your classic fabrics won't ever go out of style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that...you're already ahead of the game for Christmas sewing LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next Christmas is a great goal!! This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I love the little hourglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Progress is progress, you did well there especially as a leader and enders project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!