Friday, August 2, 2019

Brutal Honesty (August 2019)

I actually finished some quilts in July (hooray!) and I am going to be spending the beginning of August continuing to slash through some of my WIPS -- since I am going to quilt retreat in a few weeks and I am going to "treat myself" to some new projects! I'm also going to be deciding if any of my completed tops (and nearly completed tops) will be going off to the long arm quilter.

Completed tops:
1. Magnolia Mystery QAL -- No progress
2. Breezy Blooms C2C Bee -- July UFO project -- No progress
3. Radiant Jewel Quilt -- April UFO project -- No progress
4. Daisy Chain Quilt -- No progress
5. Pineapple Day Quilt -- No progress

Tops partially finished:
6. Romantic Garden Quilt -- No progress
7. Monthly Wall Hangings -- March UFO project -- No progress
8. Pineapple Stash Bee Blocks -- February UFO project -- No progress

Just blocks and units:
9. Sew Kitschy Blocks -- No progress
10. Cubicle Quilts -- No progress
11. Happy Houses blocks -- No progress
12. Birthstone blocks -- June UFO project -- No progress
13. Jingle Bell Square -- I now have 26 of my goal of 49 blocks complete!


14. Big Block C2C Bee Quilt -- I have all of my blocks back and now I will need to decide what to do with them.


Quilt alongs and long term projects:
15. Monthly Island Batik Ambassador projects -- In July I made an "artsy fartsy" mini quilt featuring lots of fun Aurifil threads. This month, I am doing a star themed project using our Starburst pattern! Some of my fellow ambassadors are doing a blog hop this month and I will share the schedule soon!


Secret sewing:
16. Pattern remix: I am making a new version of an older pattern with new fabrics that will be shown off eventually, but for now, this is my top priority as it needs to be sent off for photos in mid-August.

My UFO for July was my Breezy Blooms quilt and I didn't even think about this project at all.

My UFO for August is my Magnolia mystery quilt. I actually have the backing, binding, and batting on hand so maybe, just maybe, I can actually finish this!

3 comments:

  1. Haha... your list of "no progress" for the month is my entire year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. d imagine that meeting the Island Batik Ambassador requirements greatly contributes to your lack of progress on the other projects. So don't be too hard on yourself. You do have a husband, a job and a business, all of which require your time, too.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you got stuff done in July, like 3 finishes! It is hard to get to everything on the list, each month. Good luck with your August goal, it would be good to the Magnolia project finished before you start on this year's mystery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!