Monday, June 10, 2019

Pineapple Day {QAL with FQS - Supplies}

I'm pleased as punch to be quilting along with the Pineapple Day quilt along with the Fat Quarter shop! The pattern uses the FQS's pineapple pads -- now available in two sizes!


I've played around with a number of different pineapple log cabin paper pieced patterns, but these pineapple pads from the FQS are great because the sewing lines are super fine -- which helps you be very accurate -- and the paper is lightweight without being flimsy -- which makes it easier to pull the paper off in the end.


Here's the pattern for the quilt along and click here for the PDF version of the pattern. The fabric requirements are on the first page.


I'm going to be a real quilt rebel and work from yardage instead of pre-cuts. I picked out half yards of a number of older Cotton + Steel prints in blues, teals, and periwinkles. The creamy print on the right will be my background fabric and the dark teal umbrella print will be used in the quilt top and for the backing.


Rather than being full-on scrappy, I'll use three different prints per block. I'm not 100% sure if I'll go with the suggested layout or if I'll come up with my own layout.

Here's the full schedule:


Are you going to join in? I'm planning to post an update each week leading up to the quilt celebration on June 27th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!