Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Alison in Wonderland {Retreat Prep}

Saturday I fly to Michigan to spend some time with family and go on retreat with my mom! Quilt retreat is the perfect combination of my favorite things: quilting, massages, junk food, and wearing comfy pants all day.

I've been making a serious effort over the last month or so to finish up a bunch of projects before I go on retreat. I have finished my Donuts quilt top and my Breezy Blooms quilt top over the last week and I also finished my Pansy Garden quilt and my Jungle Cruise version of Summer Patio which I will finally get to show off on August 28th!

Last year while on retreat, I worked on the piecing for my two Blue in Bloom quilts. This year I have three projects that  I am going to be working on.

1. Secret Test Quilt

The details of this quilt that I am testing are still a secret but I will at least tell you about all of the fabrics! I pulled everything out of my stash and the color scheme is orange/coral, brown, chartreuse, and purple with a Kona Oyster background. This one is actually baby sized so this should be a relatively short project. All of the cutting is done, so this will hopefully go together quickly.




2. Radiant Jewel Quilt

A long, long time ago, I managed to get my hands on a kit from Craftsy on sale for what was at the time a mystery quilt along. The fabric has sat in my stash all of this time, and I thought it was the perfect project for retreat! The quilt is called Radiant Jewel by Kimberly Einmo, but it looks like most of the original links are now expired. Here's the fabrics in the kit:


3. Christine's Kitchen 2.0

Our Island Batik Ambassador theme for October is paper piecing. My current plan is to use the London Fog fabrics that came in my most recent Ambassador box to make another version of our Christine's Kitchen pattern. My original version is green and cream; this version will be grey and blue!


4. Jolly Bar Meringue Quilt

I just got the supplies to make this upcoming Fat Quarter Shop Shortcuts quilt and I'll be showing off the finished quilt in early October! I'm using the Sweet Marion line.


I know that these are all new projects and I am trying to cut down on the new projects, but both the Jolly Bar Meringue and Christine's Kitchen 2.0 quilts will be done before the end of October. The Radiant Star Quilt is my "maybe" project -- but you can't go on retreat and then not have enough projects to work on!

What do you think of my project list? Which fabrics are your favorites?

6 comments:

  1. Have a great time on your retreat! I'm liking the fabrics you pulled out for the secret test quilt and also the blues in the London Fog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fabric pull for the test quilt! It's always better to go on retreat with plenty to do. I hope you have a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics all look delicious for your retreat. Hope it is a productive and fun as you’d like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great retreat! They all look like a blast to me!!! So nice you can retreat with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look like such great projects! Highly unlikely that you'll run out of things to do :) Have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is the London Fog for the Kitchen paper pieced quilt. That one should be pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!