Saturday, August 20, 2011

Here it goes...

Hello!

This blog is about my adventures in quilting while in a chemistry graduate school program, living on my own for the first time, and generally figuring life out.

First off, I'm going to try to post about some of my completed projects and then work up to my current projects. Unfortunately, I can't spend all day sewing most days (which can be torturous) so I won't be turning out quilts (or posts) on a daily basis.

My mom, sister, and I are all pretty avid quilters, so hopefully I can share a few of their projects as well! My sister is a whiz with bargello quilts (something on my list of projects to try!) and it's fun to work together and bounce ideas off each other for quilts. My mom and I are constantly sending picture messages back and forth of fabric and works in progress.

That's all for now -- off to hit all of the fabric stores in State College, Pennsylvania -- which is a grand total of two, but I will share the link to the quilt that I started this week! Mine is all blue and white to make it look very wintery. I think it would also look fabulous with traditional Christmas colors! This is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!