It sort of turned out to be a debacle.
First off, when I started pulling fabrics, I realized how truly few solids that I have which doesn't work well when your queen bee requests all or nearly all solids for a block. So I pulled in some near solids and figured I would minimize them and set off to work.
I made two blocks...
...and I hated them. The tonals and small scale prints were just too much and both blocks just seemed on the haphazard side of freeform. Some of the piecing of the dark accents was too large. I have literally never been this unhappy with bee blocks before.
So I did the only reasonable thing and chopped them all apart, salvaged the solid pieces and a few block sections, and then set out to work again. I pulled some additional solid fat quarters that I found buried deep in my stash and set off for round two.
This time I was much happier with my block.
So thus endeth the saga of bee blocks for March. I would very much enjoy not making more blocks like this for a while!
Sharing at Oh Scrap!