Friday, November 11, 2016

Finished Midnight Mystery Quilt -- Dragonflies at Midnight

It's finally finished!

I got my Midnight Mystery quilt back from the long-arm quilter the last time my parents came to visit and just finished the binding.


I had these fabrics in my stash for a few years and this mystery quilt was the perfect project for them! The large-scale dragonfly print shines and the navy background sets everything off well.


I used the same teal fabric from the blocks as the binding. The backing is actually a navy sheet that is the same color navy as the Kona on the front. It makes the quilt oh-so-cuddly!

The quilting is lines of quilting with four petaled flowers or flourishes (note quite a four-leaf clover, though). It is a true beauty!


This ends up at 72 inches square and will be a great addition to my collection of throws. If you love the pattern, Cheryl still has it available on her blog!

Sharing at Finish it up Friday!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Are you doing the Meadow Mystery? I meant to, but ran into SHINY! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Man, now I really want to get my own done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the Midnight Mystery! It's beautiful! I'm still working on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love your Midnight Mystery Quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out beautifully! The navy makes such a nice frame for the teals. Congrats on a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful! Mine is sandwiched and ready to be quilted. I like the quilting motif-is each one done individually? Or are they connected?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Love that dragonfly fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes! This is fabulous. And thank you for reminding me of this pattern. I've been meaning to make it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I just love your finished quilt, especially the dark background. I popped over to get the pattern and since I'm late and I'll follow the instructions as if it's a mystery, can you tell me what colors correspond with the cutting letters. Cheryl's fabric A is in pink, so if you can tell me what your colors are in her numbers that will help me to choose my fabrics!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful quilt! I love that you used the navy for the background. It always sets things so beautifully and lets the other colors shine. Congrats on a great finish!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I had to go back and find your quilt--it's lovely Alison. I saw it somewhere...ha probably on my feed! Interesting that you picked the same fabric for your binding as I did for mine, the one the stars float on! Can never go wrong with blue and green IMHO.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!