Monday, June 15, 2015

QCQAL 2: Row #8 -- Pop Beads

Welcome to the LAST tutorials for our Row Quilt QCQAL! I can't believe how fast this has gone by (again!) and that we're almost done with these beautiful quilts! Our next post will be on July 6th to talk about joining rows and finishing the quilt top.


Today, we're making a row of pop beads for our second 4 inch row. For one block you will need:


For a throw quilt you will need:
Twelve (12) 4.5 inch squares
Twenty four (24 2.5 inch squares

For a twin quilt you will need:
Eighteen (18) 4.5 inch squares
Thirty six (36) 2.5 inch squares

Draw a diagonal on each of your background squares and align each one with opposite corners of your 4.5 inch square. Sew each background square to the 4.5 inch square on the diagonal line. 



After sewing on each of your background squares, trim 1/4 inch away from each seam.


Press and your finished block will look like this:


I have yet to make my third 4" row -- people making the twin sized quilt, don't forget! -- but here are all of my rows thus far!


Now it's your turn to share your blocks! This week feel free to share anything you have finished up to this point! On July 6th, we'll have a link up for finished tops and for rows. This link up is going to be open until July 5th, so you have lots of time to work on your rows and get caught up!

PS. Don't forget to follow Honey, Bunny, and Doll on Pinterest!

Sharing over at Linky Tuesday, Fabric Tuesday, and Building Blocks Tuesday!



4 comments:

  1. thankyou Alison for this next row

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rows look great! Looking forward to seeing more. Are you joining in on the 2015 Sew a Row hosted by different quilt shops? L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rows are so pretty! I'm wishing I had quilted along with you. Thanks for linking up to Building Blocks Tuesday on my blog today. Could you link back to the link-up in this post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you made this out of Wallflower fabric. I love that line SO much! And it looks great in your blocks. Such a great looking quilt. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!