Sunday, July 17, 2016

Candy Shop -- new pattern at Moda Bake Shop!

I'm excited to share my newest pattern for Moda Bake Shop -- Candy Shop!


This quilt uses one jelly roll and solid yardage for a sweet treat of a quilt! If you are looking for a fun option for a little sweetheart in your life, this is the perfect quilt!


This is probably best suited for intermediate to advanced quilters -- it involves lots of partial seams, strip piecing, and stitch and flip corners. But this is a great pattern if you only want to use one jelly roll (and have a few strips left over!


I quilted this quilt with a directional layered meander, which is the same pattern I used to quilt Amanda's Multifaceted quilt a few months back.


This quilt uses the Wing and Leaf line from Moda and it is an absolutely gorgeous set of prints. Some of the smaller prints would be great stash builders and the bright burnt orange used in the line is such a great color! I'm a firm believer that orange is an under-used and under-appreciated color, and this shade is just so lovely! That's why I picked the orange feather print for my backing. :)


This quilt turns out 68 by 78. If you wanted to put a border on it, it would be perfect on a twin sized bed. I can't wait to see some versions of this quilt in some other fabrics! Please share your versions of this quilt (and any other quilt that you've made from my patterns) with me as I love to share them on the blog from time to time!


Quilt Stats
Fabric: Wing and Leaf Jelly Roll, Moda Bella Frost Solid
Size 68x78 inches
Quilting: layered directional meander in white thread

Ps. Don't forget to pick up your copy of Bear Tracks for $5!!!!

Sharing at Sew Cute Tuesday, Fabric Tuesday, Let's Bee Social

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! I saw this on the Moda Bake Shop site. Visiting from Sew Cute Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, my girls would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute pattern. Depending upon the fabrics you use, it could look very different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! My Candy Land-loving inner child can't get enough of this. It's a great one for the girly, novelty candy prints, which I have hiding in my stash somewhere. Thanks for making the pattern available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. visiting from crazy mum quilts. This looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt! What a great job! I came over from the linky! I'm following you!
    It was very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great pattern, so different, super idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!