Wednesday, December 2, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Baby quilts, what else?

After taking a little breather after finishing up my Firecracker and Square Pegs quilts, it's high time to get back to making baby quilts. Partly because I have so many to do, partly because one of my friends had her baby Monday and the next one is due anytime.

I decided to sash together my Twelve Taffies quilt with black strips from the same jelly roll and grey cornerstones. I think I want to back it in grey and also use light grey thread to quilt it. What I didn't think about was that I don't have enough strips left to bind it, so I might have to find something in my stash that would work.


(Hooray for honest pictures with socks and reindeer PJ pants! And of course the sashing on the one side isn't ironed right -- boo!)

And since I now need to make two girl quilts (finally! It seemed like I was making boy quilts forever.) I started into another one of the fat quarter bundles I got ages ago in the girl colorway. I picked a pattern from a quilt in Quiltmaker magazine but I am just making the churn dash-like blocks and not doing any applique blocks for my quilt. I am going to keep the red at a minimum because it makes the quilt look so much darker! I am planning to back this one in pink too.

Here's all of my progress thus far:


I have the strip piecing for the blocks all done and the sub-units cut which is awesome! Next up is to make all of the HSTs --  hopefully that's my project for tonight!

Linking up at WIP Wednesday, Let's Bee Social, Fabric Tuesday, and Sew Cute Tuesday!


5 comments:

  1. I usually try to keep a couple of baby quilts on hand. Invariably if I have a girl quilt then it's a boy and the reverse. They are fairly quick finishes and I enjoy them. Can't wait to see your finished quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute quilt top finish, I like the darker sashing you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt top! The socks make the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lucky babies indeed. I think sometime boy babies get more boring Quilts, but that taffies quilt is cute and will grow up with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute quilt top. And I think I might have those same red reindeer jammy pants. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!