I decided to sash together my Twelve Taffies quilt with black strips from the same jelly roll and grey cornerstones. I think I want to back it in grey and also use light grey thread to quilt it. What I didn't think about was that I don't have enough strips left to bind it, so I might have to find something in my stash that would work.
(Hooray for honest pictures with socks and reindeer PJ pants! And of course the sashing on the one side isn't ironed right -- boo!)
And since I now need to make two girl quilts (finally! It seemed like I was making boy quilts forever.) I started into another one of the fat quarter bundles I got ages ago in the girl colorway. I picked a pattern from a quilt in Quiltmaker magazine but I am just making the churn dash-like blocks and not doing any applique blocks for my quilt. I am going to keep the red at a minimum because it makes the quilt look so much darker! I am planning to back this one in pink too.
Here's all of my progress thus far:
I have the strip piecing for the blocks all done and the sub-units cut which is awesome! Next up is to make all of the HSTs -- hopefully that's my project for tonight!
Linking up at WIP Wednesday, Let's Bee Social, Fabric Tuesday, and Sew Cute Tuesday!