Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Making a dollar out of 15 cents.

So I hate, hate, hate wasting fabric. Especially nice quilting fabric. Even if its fabric I got half off the clearance at Joann I still want to use every square inch of it.

So I had a decent amount of leftover fabric from my snowflakes, including in particular, 1.125 inch strip pieces from the diamonds that were too short or what not. So I sewed them all up (ok, not ALL of them, but almost all of the ones that were already cut, and then I had to cut some more darks, whites, lights, mediums as I went along).

This is my result. These strips are 2.25 inches wide.




I think I'm going to make placemats to match my snowflakes. Maybe. Or use this on the back of the snowflakes quilt. I don't know. I have too many options, per usual.

But now I have a whole bag of pieces that are 1-1/8th wide and less than 2-1/4th long that I can't bring myself to throw away. Is there something wrong with me? Probably.


Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!