Friday, January 19, 2018

Frosty Cabins Table Runner {Modern By The Yard}

I am excited to share that I have another project featured in Benartex's Modern By The Yard magazine! This time around, I put together a quick and easy table runner tutorial -- introducing Frosty Cabins!


This table runner takes log cabin blocks and slices them up for a fun and quick winter table runner! I used Amanda Murphy's Winter Games line -- a fun wintry (but not too Christmasy!) line that's perfect with the upcoming Olympic Games!


I used two different background fabrics and three different accent fabrics -- one red, one teal, and one green. My backing and binding is the large scale ski print. I quilted this with simple loops and just for fun I used red thread to do the machine binding!

Best of all, this pattern is free! Click here to access the full issue of Modern By The Yard! This issue also features projects by Sarah Goer Quilts, made by ChrissieD, and MMM Quilts!


Now that I've finally put all of my Christmas decorations away, I'm excited to use this as a wintry-themed table runner and root on Team USA!

Sharing at Finish it Up Friday!

Ps. We now have a Honey, Bunny, and Doll FACEBOOK GROUP! Join in to see an early preview of our upcoming quilt along!

8 comments:

  1. Its a perfect winter table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That runner looks so wintery but in a happy, fun in the snow kind of way! Congrats on being featured in the magazine, I'm going to check it out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your runner Alison! It's a terrific design, with terrific fabric. :-) Isn't it a thrill to see your quilt professionally photographed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fresh and pretty! And thanks for the link to the latest Modern by the Yard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful runner and I really like how it was styled for the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! on another great pattern, Alison!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on another published pattern. It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!