Friday, January 26, 2018

Rainbow Farmer's Wife Quilt {Finished}

In 2016, my Rainbow Scrap Challenge project was to make blocks every month for a Farmer's Wife quilt. I made about a dozen blocks in each color over the course of the year and finished up the top at the end of last year. I used foundation piecing rather than hand piecing and templates.


The top was twin sized and I had it pantograph quilted with a loopy design once I finally decided on and purchased fabric for the backing. I picked it up in Michigan over Christmas with my also-quilted Gathering quilt (hopefully also being finished soon!). 

I trimmed the quilt and saved the big chunks of backing for the binding. I decided to hand stitch the binding to the back since we have spent a lot of time watching movies lately! 

Here it is all finished and ready for snuggling!


The backing and binding are a Michael Miller Chevron print. I wanted some sort of print for the backing, but also wanted something that wouldn't detract from the quite busy top. I thought this print was a good choice and I was very happy to have enough of it to use for the binding as well.


I think that the simple quilting motif is a great choice for this quilt.



Quilt stats:
Name: Rainbow Farmer's Wife
Size: 70 x 90 inches
Quilting: "Raindrops" pantograph
Started: January 2016
Finished: January 2018


Sharing at Finish it up Friday and Scrap Happy Saturday!

Ps. We now have a Honey, Bunny, and Doll FACEBOOK GROUP! Join in to see an early preview of our upcoming quilt along!

33 comments:

  1. WOO! This is SO fabulous! Congrats on the super yummy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the gorgeous finish! The chevrons are a great backing and are a fun binding, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! It's so stunning! I'm amazed at the amount of work that went into it. This is one special quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great finish! I think your quilt turned out so lovely. This is actually a quilt that I've never thought of doing but always admired. I love a hand stitched binding, it's perfect for when watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so pretty! Congratulations on the finish! You're right about the backing being just the right amount of busy. I wouldn't have guessed that a chevron would make such a great binding, either :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! The colors are great. Congrats on the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous finish. This one is sure to become your favorite snuggle quilt. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome ! What a wonderful finish ; congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful quilt. I love the rainbow colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely sampler, Alison! Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely result, congratulations! I especially like how you used the chevron fabric for the binding too; I love stripey binding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful RSC finish! Love the backing and binding fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a gorgeous quilt! I enjoyed following along as you made it. Congratulations on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its perfect!! Congrats on a great finish

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yahoo! Here's to a beautiful finished quilt! That chevron fabric makes a fantastic binding.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! It is beautiful. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! Congratulations on your finish, and the beautiful result!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect! I'd been looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!
    That chevron makes a really cool binding! (//tucking away idea for later...)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on finishing off a Rainbow Scrap project! It's a beautiful and colorful quilt. The backing and binding really complement the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful finish of a Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is a fantastic finish. I am tempted to now move my Farmer's Wife Quilt up the priority list after seeing your completion.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful quilt; congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great Rainbow finish! Love what you did with all the farmer's wife blocks. I should get back to finishing up my sampler blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful rainbow! I love all of the colors and how each block is unique and special.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning showstopper of a quilt. You must be so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty quilt, sure to be a favourite for decades!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!