Friday, December 15, 2017

Penguin Paradise {Finished Table Runner}

Hooray for Fridays and finishes!

This month's Island Batik Ambassador theme was table toppers and I have had so much fun working with our Seasonal Table Runner pattern to make a penguin table runner!

Here's the runner pre-quilting:


And here it is finished:


For the quilting, I did all over sharp stippling or "zippling" as some people call it! I chose this motif to look like icicles or crackles in ice! I didn't quilt in the penguins so that they would stand out and I used an off white thread.



For the binding and backing, I used the tan print since I had whole yard. It looks great next to the blues!


While this looks great under the tree, I might actually just keep this for myself!


This was such a quick and easy pattern, I will definitely be going back to it as a base pattern for all sorts of future gifts!


And of course I need to announce the winner of the giveaway!


Almost 2 yards worth of beautiful Island Batik fabrics are on their way to you!

This weekend my husband and I are celebrating our Christmas and spreading it out over the whole weekend! We are baking cookies tonight, going to see The Last Jedi tomorrow, going out to brunch on Sunday, opening our presents to each other, and having good friends over for dinner! It's a jam-packed weekend before we make the pilgrimage to the Midwest for Christmas! I hope you have something fun and special planned too!

Sharing at Finish it up Friday!

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable. You should definitely keep it. Enjoy your fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very adorable! The zippling quilting pattern does look like icicles, so that's a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love those penguins and the table runner is fantastic. Thank you so much for the giveaway. I can hardly wait for them to arrive. But then with my busyness, I'll probably forgetful and be surprised all over again! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable!!! Love these little guys. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!