Monday, December 11, 2017

On Ringo Lake {Clue #3}

Another Monday, another update on my On Ringo Lake units!

For clue #3, our clue instructed us to make right-facing and left-facing stitch and flip units. These sort of look like parallelograms to me, but someone else called them "dyslexic geese"! When paired together, they could (might?) make chevron units, but we aren't supposed to sew them together -- or at least not yet!


For these units, I had to add in some aqua fabrics that I hadn't used in my flying geese units. I ended up using 14 different aqua fabrics and at least 25 different black fabrics! A lot of my black squares came from my all squares scrap box! It shortened my cutting time significantly to have things already in the right size ready to go!

As of now, I have no confidence in my guesses about how these units will end up coming together, but I did lay out some of my units together to see how the colors are looking!


I really have made a huge dent in my scraps with this project -- especially the aqua and the black! Here are all of my units all bagged up and ready!


Now to wait until Friday for the next clue! Sharing at Oh Scrap and Quiltville's Mystery Monday!

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely change of colours! Does this mean you've finished all the 200+ units in part 3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color changes of the neutrals to blacks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely loving the aqua as the additional color. Congratulations for staying up to date during this busy season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some really terrific fabrics in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your fabrics! It's looking cool with all the fabric stacks! Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I am about 1/2 way through clue #1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colors are really great! This is going to be such a pretty quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your colours! The black will make everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colors are so interesting. I can't wait to see how your finished quilt will look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fabrics! It's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can’t wait to see how your colors are going to look in the finished quilt—love the black!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it and can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fabrics - I can't wait to 'play catch-up'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your colors! This clue took me longer than expected. Hoping to finish up today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your units all look fantastic! I really like watching yours come together with the bold neutral...I can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This will be a bright and pretty quilt. Way to go getting so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Super choice of fabrics. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!