Friday, November 17, 2017

Meadow {Finished Quilt}

Finishes make me SO happy!

The last little bit of quilting on my Meadow Quilt involved more meanders and loops in each corner.


I pulled four different binding fabrics -- I didn't have enough of any of my original fabrics left to use for binding, and I decided against using the blue floral backing. I narrowed it to two -- magenta and emerald -- and finally settled on magenta!


I decided to hand bind this one -- mainly because it was good timing to sit and stitch on a binding while watching TV! I am so pleased with how this quilt came together!


This is the perfect throw size - 60 inches square. I love all of the quilting textures in this quilt and am so happy with the way the different prints coordinate and contrast with one another.


While there isn't actually much white in the quilt top, I think the white background of the binding print is a good contrasting element without being too different. The magenta color is the same as the magenta print fabric and the magenta in some of the pansies.


The binding looks especially good with the backing! I honestly just picked this backing because I loved the print (and I love a large scale print for a backing any day of the week!) and it was on super duper sale. I also am happy with the large chunks of this print that I have left over. :)


The navy print also shows off the white thread that I used so well! The white thread blends with the fabrics on the front for lovely texture, but I like being able to see the white wiggles, loops, and curls on the navy backing.


It was SUCH a nice break from projects with deadlines and projects for others and to do something just for me! Now back to reality!


Quilt Stats:
Pattern: Meadow Mystery Quilt by Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs
Size: 60 inches square
Quilting: Custom FMQ with curls, loops, and wiggles in white thread
Binding: double fold, hand stitched to backing
Fun facts: Everything but the backing came from my stash!
Started: July 2016
Finished: November 2017

Sharing at Finish it up Friday!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a finished quilt! You're so fast, I feel like I just saw this in progress, and now it's done. I wish I can be so fast, but I procrastinate weeks on the binding alone. It's lovely and looks so cozy, enjoy your new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! The texture looks like it will be wonderful to sit under and run your hands over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Magenta! I think that was the right choice, it compliments the top so well and it contrasts with that pretty backing. OK. My Meadow Mystery is sitting right here waiting for binding, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so wonderfully textured! You're going to enjoy sitting under this lovely floral beauty for years to come. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors and beautifully quilted! Well done.. dropped in from crazy mom quilts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so pretty! Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how this turned out! Wishing I'd been able to sew along too ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Your mystery quilt came out wonderfully. I really like the binding fabric and all of the quilting designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Meadow Mist mysteries and am working on the current one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Meadow Mist Mystery quilt turned out beautifully! Congrats on finishing it off before the next mystery ended.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your wonderful finish! And all for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Love the fabrics, backing and great quilting!!! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!