Friday, October 20, 2017

Top Spin {Coming in for Landing}

It's so good to cross things off of the sewing to do list -- and I get to do that today! I've finished my the last of my Top Spin blocks and put together the quilt top! The original pattern by Melissa Corry for Moda Bake Shop is here!

I had eight more blocks to finish and they came together quite quickly! I ended up with a few extra medium and small HSTs, but that's totally okay!


Given the way the blocks are arranged, the only seam matching that I had to do was matching the seams between blocks when sewing together the rows! This made putting the quilt top together so fast! This top is twin sized at 72 by 96. I had a hard time taking pictures of it in my apartment!


Here's a close up of the blocks together:


I was able to wrangle two outside pictures this morning before work:



There's no immediate plan for this quilt, so I am thinking about having it simply pantograph quilted. I have large pieces of yardage to use for the binding and the backing, so I will probably put those together just in case I decide to quilt it myself.

Sharing at Finished or Not Friday and Linky Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. Its beautiful and so big! Wrangling quilts is no easy task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on not just getting the 8 blocks finished but piecing the top together, too! It looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! A big finish!!! That must feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so beautiful! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful finish! Congrats on getting one thing checked off the list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!