Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Magnolia Mystery QAL {Half Geese Units}

After seeing lots of people post their finished units for this month as part of the Magnolia Mystery QAL, I wanted to get mine done as well!


This month's direction uses the 4.5 x 2.5 inch Fabric B rectangles combined with background squares to make "half geese". I am using scrappy aqua prints for my Fabric B and I followed Cheryl's suggestion to cut these rectangles in sets of four. When making my half geese units, I made sure that each set of four ended up with two right facing and two left facing geese.



I have seven different fabrics -- I think it's a good variety of fabrics that will work well together in a quilt. For now they wait until next month's directions come out!


8 comments:

  1. Hi Alison,
    Ooh, nice little stack of half-geese just waiting for the direction to fly off and be beautiful. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! Another reminder that I need to do these blocks myself. Your blocks look great and congratulations for being ready for next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that all of your fabrics for the half geese are the same value. They all look so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!!! I love the geese blocks with the dark centers surrounded by the blues! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your choice of fabrics. I'm stalled due to work, but hopefully will get mine done before the next clue comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice combination of fabrics. Love the half geese blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty fabrics. They go well together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!