Sunday, August 20, 2017

6 Years {Blogiversary}

Then: 23 year old grad student in a long distance relationship with her Park Ranger Boyfriend using quilting as her stress reliever. Living alone, watching way too much Netflix.

Me at Gettysburg in 2011, not long before starting LBQ
Now: 29 year old cancer researcher with a Park Ranger Husband and two rabbits; 1/3rd owner of Honey, Bunny, and Doll Quilt Designs, working with three different fabric manufacturers. Recently developed a baseball obsession.

Park Ranger Husband and I at a wedding this summer
Six years is both a long time and a short time. A long time in that a lot can happen: I got married, got a Master's degree, moved to Maryland, got hired at my first "real job", left that job for my dream job, adopted two rabbits, and started a small business with the help of my mom and sister. A short time in that in the grand scheme of things it goes by in the blink of an eye.

I didn't start this blog with an aim to build a quilting empire, just as a creative outlet from my rather stressful stint in grad school. According to the tags on my posts, I have completed over 100 quilting projects of various sizes in that time! Here is one favorite finish post from each year:

2011: Geometric Rail Fence (self designed and apologies for horrific photography!)


2012: Seville quilt (pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew)


2013: Civil War Quilt (pattern by Barbara Brackman, gift to my then-fiance, now-husband)


2014: Dashing to the Chapel (designed with mom as a wedding gift to my sister - pattern here)


2015: Frame of Mind (my FIRST pattern for Moda Bake Shop!)


2016: Wallflowers row quilt (self designed - pattern from 3rd quilt along)


2017 (so far!): Rainbow Sampler (self designed - first magazine quilt and first magazine cover)


Thank you all for going on this journey with me! I'm very proud to be a part of such a wonderful online community of quilters and artists.

14 comments:

  1. Alison congratulations on 6 years and all that you have accomplished. My 80 (at the time) grandmother told me why time seems to go so fast. When you are 5 you are waiting for your birthday and that year is 1/5th of your life. When you are 20 each past year is 1/20th of your life. 50 is 1/50th and so on. At the time I couldn't imagine how quick time was going for her at 80. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so glad I found you in Stash Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Alison! You're always full of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You've sure accomplished a lot in 6 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a great post! Congratulations on a huge milestone! I loved seeing your favorite post from each year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on another year and anniversary! I hope there are wonderful things in store for you in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You've accomplished so much in those 6 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Alison! Your post reminded me of a saying, day by day nothing really changes but when you look back, everything is different. You have accomplished so much in 6 years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! This is so super fun! I look forward to seeing what you do this next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on all of your achievements and a special blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Alison. I have enjoyed watching your creative online journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!