Saturday, June 24, 2017

Kelly Parkway and Goldenrod Terrace {RSC May and June}

I have finally caught up for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for May and June! May was our month for green and June is our month for yellow.

I made three blocks in each color:


One of the slightly difficult things with my green May blocks is that I had to make sure that the grass green in each block had enough contrast from the green of the house. I think I accomplished that well and only had to switch out the grass on one block.

As of right now, I have 30 blocks (hidden somewhere in my stash!) I might need to locate some additional brown for the roof fabric. I should have enough sky blue fabrics for at least two to three months' worth of blocks. My goal is to have 42 blocks for a 6x7 block arrangement, so I only have 12 more blocks to make over the next 5 months!

Sharing at Scrap Happy Saturday and Oh Scrap!

16 comments:

  1. What a great addition the yellow and green are to the neighborhood. Such fun fabrics in your house blocks, each is so fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your houses are just great! So much personality in each one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These houses are just so darn cute! I love the little walkways leading to the front doors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your houses are super cute! Should be no problem getting those last 12 done. I still have some rainbow blocks left in pieces, but I am plugging along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the names of your green and yellow streets. This will be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! on being caught up for the RSC. I've been staying on track for one project and am WAY further behind (with no hope of catching up) on the second set of blocks. Too many distractions (and a new commission!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute house pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are perfect! You are going to have an inviting neighborhood with all of those lovely houses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these blocks, and the street names! It's going to be a fantastic quilt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite house blocks and I love all the color and personality in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your neighborhood names. The houses are really cute and each so different. The,grass does contrast well with all the houses. The swirly roofs are,fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your houses! They'll be a top in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to live in your neighborhood! Your blocks are looking great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your houses and your street names! Every time you show these cute blocks, I want to run right out and start some of my own. (I got the pattern right after you unveiled the first block, but I'm trying to set them aside as a 2018 project. Or possibly 2019...?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your houses are perfect! Each has its own personality, all are delightful. I've never made a house block but these make me want to run to my fabric, choose, cut, and sew some. What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!