Thanks to some evening baseball games, I have been able to finish up the 100 square units from my wedges for my primary Little Firecrackers quilt. I realized that I could cut my white wedges from 7 inch strips rather than 7.5 inch strips, so I was able to stretch my background fabric all the way to the end for this one. (Still need to order more Moda Bella White for the other one!)
I went ahead and got all of the block units sorted into groups of four that will be sewn into the final blocks. Trying to pull from the seven different block piles randomly would probably just end in disaster. Hopefully I have mixed up the different units enough so that there aren't too many obvious repeats within the quilt!
I also decided to sew together the blocks differently than in the original pattern -- the original pattern has you sew your four units together with the small points in the middle rather than your "burst" in the middle. This way, I'll have less pinning and easing to do when I sew my blocks into rows. It will also hopefully make it easier to arrange blocks since none of the colored fabrics will be touching each other.
One block down, 24 to go!
Sharing at Fabric Tuesday, Sew Cute Tuesday, Oh Scrap! and Let's Bee Social!