My Good Karma placemats are now finished. It took me slightly longer than one evening to do the binding, but I am thrilled with the results.
As I mentioned in my previous post, these were scraps leftover from my Frame of Mind quilt, with the exception of the binding, which came from my Square Pegs quilt.
For the binding, I machine bound each and for the stitching on the front, I used a decorative star stitch. It uses a lot of thread, but it is just so cute! I've used it before on the shelf runners I made for my baker's rack.
Gratuitous corner shots because they turned out GREAT on all four placemants -- a true miracle!
These shots also show the quilting off well if you didn't have a chance to look at it before. This is now the fifth time I've used this motif for a major FMQ project. It's a good one to have in the arsenal because it is easy to scale up and down and can be adapted as an all over filler or for your borders.
These are now adorning my table and bringing in some spring! I did also ScotchGuard these placemats (which I haven't done before) because of all of the white fabric. We'll see how well that holds up against all of the sticky and stain-producing things that we eat on the regular. :)
Sharing at Free Motion Mavericks and Finish it up Friday!