Saturday, April 2, 2016

Orange Grove {RSC April 2016}

It seems like it is such a long wait between finishing my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for one month and waiting for the color announcement for the next! I was very excited when orange was finally announced for April.

I really like orange and think it is an under-appreciated color. However, I still found that I didn't have a very large pile of "true" oranges to work with and so I added in some peaches and corals into my fabric pulls.

Here are my lights, mediums/darks, and black accent pulls:


I since pulled out a few pieces that were too pink or too yellow. Here are my first four blocks:

#34 - Flock, #35 - Flower Basket
#36 - Flower Path, #37 - Flower Pot

I am excited to continue making more orange blocks this month! Check out what everyone else is making at Scrap Happy Saturday!

Also sharing at Building Blocks Tuesday!



13 comments:

  1. Love your blocks! You use the black accent to make the block sophisticated when we all know how easy it might be to go halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty collection of oranges and blocks - soft looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made great use of the black accent fabrics. Beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the light to dark in your blocks. Orange carries so much energy! A little of it in some form in each quilt makes it sparkle. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your orange blocks are stunning! I believe it is good to celebrate orange in all its forms, from peach to rust to coral. You've done a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised at the different oranges I found in my stash, too! From dark to light - almost red to almost yellow! I like what you used in your blocks, and especially how you used the black. Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are off to a good start with the orange. Have fun with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks! My oranges were pretty varied as well (but not very plentiful).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super blocks and I love how you've incorporated the black accents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blocks, Alison! Love #36-Flower Path!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made very good use of your oranges! Lovely blocks for your sampler. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful collection of orange prints. Love your blocks.

    ReplyDelete