Instead of using 5 strips per set as in the pattern, I decided to go with 4 strips per set. When I made my original quilt, some of the trimmed blocks ended up with little to none of the fifth strip showing at all, so I decided that I would go ahead and make my blocks all slightly smaller. I was able to cut 15 units out of each strip set so I had to add a half of an extra strip set in addition to the six sets shown above to reach the 100 wedges that I need for the quilt.
Here are all of my wedges for the first quilt:
For both quilts I started with a "focal" fabric that I had four or so strips of, and then pulled additional fabrics to coordinate. I started with a yellow background floral print and pulled reds, grass greens, true blues, and a few other yellows. This one I haven't started making any of the actual blocks yet.
For the other quilt, I also started with a yellow background floral print, but pulled teals, pinks, olives, and oranges to match. This one I started making blocks and trimming them -- however I realized that I didn't have enough background fabric to finish all of the blocks a little too late in the process! I got about half way through and will be going to get some more of the correct white this weekend.
Surprisingly, even using one less strip than the pattern, I only had to cut my squares a half of an inch smaller to accommodate for the change!
Sharing at Building Blocks Tuesday and Let's Bee Social!