Friday, March 25, 2016

March Stash Bee Blocks

This month in the Stash Bee, our Queen Bee was Robin and she requested these really neat modern scrappy blocks.

I love that she included her drawing of the block in her post!


Since I'm already done with my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for the month, I figured I needed to continue to bust scraps, so I made Robin three blocks!


I pulled out my stash of 2.5 inch squares and the leftover 2.5 inch strips from last month's Stash Bee block. It makes it so much easier to already have scraps in the right size ready to go!

Since I have found that lots of people request low volume backgrounds in the Stash Bee, I have a old makeup bag filled with my low volume scraps so that they are always at the ready. Unfortunately, I am getting very low and my scraps are getting too small to work with unless I was doing some small paper piecing. Looks like I might have to go shipping!

1 comment:

  1. Those blocks are going to make a fun scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!