So while my mom was here and we were sitting around chatting, I got all of my fusible applique pieces cut and ironed on to my backgrounds.
The turkey took BIG pieces and I had a hard time finding pieces big enough! I think he's pretty cute though.
Here's the gobbler with all of the satin stitching done in brown:
I wasn't sure if I should add anything to the border or not, so I went ahead and did all of my turkey satin stitching and I think now I am just going to add some leaves in each corner. The outer squares on this one are pretty enough on their own, but just the turkey seems a little stark.
And then I made my Christmas tree!
This one I did all red border squares because it just didn't have enough red! This one I was only able to get part of the satin stitching done -- just the tree -- before having to call it a night:
Now the plan is to add some leaves to my turkey and satin stitch those and then the November one will be ready to baste and quilt! I have big plans for quilting this one! And December just needs the satin stitching finished -- nothing else to add! And somewhere in there maybe work on September, since it IS next month...