I actually received this fabric as a birthday gift a long while back (aka before I started this blog!) and spent a long time looking for the right pattern for it.
(I will update this with a better picture when I get home -- this is an old, old picture!)
I decided on using this "Inside Out" pattern from Quiltmaker magazine.
So rather than being nautical, mine will be a romantic garden quilt. I did realize that the red in the fabric set I had was too true red -- all of the rest of the fabrics have a ruby red/dark pink and so I'm going to go on a search to find something to replace it. I will probably look for another tonal, but I don't think I am going to use it in the "body" of the quilt.
So this is where I am with my progress:
In the effort of trying to be a good wife, I decided that I would do all of the initial cutting and sewing of my HSTs and QSTs this past weekend while my husband was at work and that this week in the evenings I would iron and trim them and not have to interrupt Criminal Minds with the sound of the sewing machine. (Priorities.)
Really, no matter what order I make the HSTs, they all need trimmed and pressed. I was able to cut all of the starting squares for all of my HSTs (almost 200 of them!) and my QSTs and get them sewn into their pairs.
Last night I got the first combination (pink + green florals) cut apart and pressed.
There's 104 HSTs between those two piles! (And for me to trim tonight and tomorrow!) It's funny how the first part of the pile is neatly stacked and then as you get further and further along the pile gets more and more disastrous.
I'm fully intending this to be a longer-term project just so that I can pace myself with all of the HSTs and QSTs. Since this is for me, there's no deadline and so it'll take as long as it takes.
Linking up with Freshly Pieced!