Friday, August 15, 2014

QCQAL Block #16 -- Bowtie

Drumroll, please! The last block is a bowtie!


Cutting:
Eight (8) 3.5 inch background squares

In each the four different colors:
Two (2) 3.5 inch squares
Two (2) 2 inch squares


Draw diagonal lines on the back of all of your 2 inch squares. Align each with the corner of a 3.5 inch background square as shown.


Stitch on the line and trim the seam allowance to 1/4 inch. Press.


Lay out each section as shown below.


Sew together each quadrant.


Lay out four quadrants as desired and sew together for final block


Click over to Craftsy to get the pattern! We'll only have the individual patterns on Craftsy for free for a short while longer but they will still be available here on Little Bunny Quilts.

Here's my final 16 blocks! I still have more fabric to use, so I will be making more blocks!


Thank you everyone for participating! Come back on Monday for a block link up -- please include a picture of all of the blocks you have made thus far!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been pinning your tutorials for future use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, this one got my vote, did 14 & 15 this morning now to do this then I will have 17 as I did both versions of broken dishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there no tutorial from craftsy I an down load for future reference please

    ReplyDelete