Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIP Wednesday: On My Floor

Since my husband is out of town until tonight, that means I have been making full use of monopolizing the living room with my quilt block explosion.

I had to make two more blocks to get to a total of 20 Firewheel blocks for my 2014 Stash Bee quilt. Here are all of the blocks laid out:


If you follow me on Instagram, you got a preview of the fabric that I'm using for my sashing a week or two ago. It's a Riley Blake Chrimp Squiggle. 


Here's all of my sashings cut 16.5 inches long and 2 inches wide. I have a yellow and grey floral print that I'll be using for my cornerstones, but those aren't cut just yet!


Linking up with the cool kids at Freshly Pieced!

16 comments:

  1. This is going to make a very pretty quilt Alison...love the sashing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a wonderful quilt! You have been so very productive this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love these colors together. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the limited colour palette here, these look great

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you are using! This is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colors!! A stunning quilt in the making!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pop of yellow is fantastic! I often try to hog the living room floor for projects when the rest of the house is out of town - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love the yellow and grey! It's gonna be spectacular when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing! And the sashing is going to look so fierce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those blocks look great! Very bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that sashing fabric too! How funny that you laid the quilt explosion out in the living room. We all gotta take the space where we can get it, when we can get it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. These blocks are fabulous and love your fabrics combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great - I love the yellow/grey color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!