Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Long lost WIP

Since I'm at an impasse with my Stash Bee Quilt (waiting for more backing fabric to arrive) and my Double Hourglass quilt (need to go shopping to find border fabric), I decided to pull out a WIP that I hadn't touched since JULY. Needless to say, I didn't get my ALYoF goal completed that month!



I now have 15 more blocks to go now!


When I had originally made the pairs of all of the jelly roll strips for the first half of the blocks (you get 2 blocks per strip) I intended to repair all of the blocks with another fabric to make all different blocks for the second set. Since I'm making a tiny effort to simplify my life, I decided to just make the blocks in pairs. 

Of course, now I realize that I will have two quilts that are plaid like in nature -- this one and my Stash Bee quilt -- but since this one is a Christmas quilt, I can be okay with it.

Linking up to Linky Tuesday, Fabric Tuesday, and WIP Wednesday!

Don't forget to go vote for the first block in our Quilter's Choice Quilt Along! Voting is open until March 3rd, and right now the Sister's Choice block is winning!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks and having two quilts in a similar design is okay! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute design! I shared your blog with a quilt f/b group...someone was just asking for a jelly roll design...would work great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!