I finished sewing the blocks in rows while she was here and finished sewing the rows together last night.
Here is the top all sewn together:
The blocks are all 12.5" blocks and the sashings are 2.5" strips cut from a huge chunk of Zipang fabric that I got on sale a year ago at Christmastime that was the inspiration for these blocks.
I decided to also do a pieced back for this one out of the rest of the sashing fabric and a number of other small cuts of fabric in my stash. This pieced back is much simpler than the one I made previously, but it's such a good feeling to not have to purchase additional fabric to finish this one!
If you can't tell the back is NOT squared up right now. I didn't figure it made a difference until after it was quilted, anyways.
Also, I'm all set up for anyone to follow me on BlogLovin' now! There's a button on the sidebar and if you're still in Google Reader, apparently its really easy to transfer from one to the other. I always just use Blogger so I'm not super affected by the demise of Google Reader.
Have a Hoppy Easter weekend all!