Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WIP Wednesday -- Potholders and a new project

When I decided that my August Lovely Year of Finishes Goal was to make potholders for thank you gifts for my wedding shower with my church friends, the date of said shower was August 17th.

Because we're all afraid one of our members is going to go into labor at any time (for whom I made this baby quilt), they decided to move up the date to THIS Saturday.They all have been quilted and the bindings are machine stitched to the front so I need to finish the hand stitching and loops over the next three days!


If you're an avid Quiltmaker reader like I am, you probably recently received the most recent issue where the four part mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter was revealed. I decided I loved it, so I got all four parts out and started pulling fabric!


I got all of the cutting done for the first part done (minus the borders, not sure if I am going to do them as the pattern or not).


And now all of the four patches and half square triangles for the first part of the blocks are done!



Here's the first block laid out (not sewn just yet!)


Sharing at WIP Wednesday and Sew Cute Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I love your fabric picks for that block. Your potholders are going to look great, and I bet you'll be happy when they are finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great potholders - your friends/family are so lucky to receive such nice gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those potholders!!!! I want to make some for Christmas - did you follow a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!